Thursday, October 13, 2011

Zhytomyr

 

Well we made it to Zhytomyr and I am so thankful! We traveled this evening after dark and in the rain. Our driver was very nice but OMGoodness he scared me out of my mind! He went in and out of traffic and passed cars left and right. I would look at the road and see huge trucks coming right at us and then he would dart right back to the right side! I thought I was going to have a heart attack. Bryan laughed at me the entire time. I gave my life to the Lord about 1000 times during the almost 2 hour drive! Lots of angels protecting our car tonight! We are staying at a nice little apartment that other families hooked us up with and we are so pleased! Alex knows how to decorate too! It is nice! I'll post a picture of the apartment! I also took a picture with our driver who I never caught his name. He didn't speak English and we don't speak Russian. We communicated with lots of sign language and gestures though! We ate dinner at McDonalds which tasted delicious this evening. Our driver ate ice cream! It seems like everyone around here walks around eating ice cream and it is 30 degrees! I guess this Texas girl doesn't tolerate the cold very well! We have really enjoyed our time here and are so excited that we get to go to the orphanage tomorrow and see Yana! Please pray that she still wants us!!! I am excited for her to get to show us around and just spend time hanging out together!! Also, please pray that we get a court date next Thursday or Friday!!                                                                                                      

No comments:

Post a Comment