Sunday, October 16, 2011

Meeting Yana's Sister

Meet Yana's sister Alona

I love this picture of them locking arms!
Isn't she beautiful!
Saying goodbye 

Today was a very happy day but also one of the saddest days I have ever experienced so far in my lifetime. I got to see the excitement as Yana met her sister at the local mall and I also witnessed them saying goodbye for what could be forever. Alona is a beautiful 18 year old girl that is living a life of survival. Unfortunately Alona graduated out of the orphanage at 16 and with no support at all ( no living family and no healthy family members ) she is left to fend for herself. She rents a very small side of a home that when it was suggested to Yana we may go over and meet her sister there, Yana was very quick to tell us that she does not want us to go to her sister's home. She was very worried that we may see the terrible condition of her living situation. I had to take a picture of Yana locking arms with her sister because it showed just how sweet she is and that she does look up to her big sister. We exchanged addresses and we gave her our email address for Yana to hopefully get to send her sister letters and pictures to let Alona know she is doing well. Alona is a perfect example of the tremendous need for families to adopt older children. These children are preyed upon by others and taken advantage of by many in the community. Alona has many things against her but I'm asking you to please keep her name and face in mind. We ask that you continue to lift her up in prayer that God place someone in her life to love her and help her to have a hope and a future. Please also share with others the urgency for these children. These are bright, joyful, loving and very kind children that need a family to love and support them to help them learn how to have dreams and then help them reach them! I am faced again with the truth that sometimes life just isn't fair. I can't say why these things happen to some and not for others and I will never know while I am living on this earth. What I am sure about is God's attributes He is love, all powerful, prince of peace, mighty god, holy, sacrificial lamb and on and on. God is God and He has the power to take care of Alona and all of these children. We are also here to be His hands and feet so it's time to pray for these children, support these children and fight for these children to have loving families and the ability to learn how to dream and  believe that they can be rescued.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for being a voice for these kids, Kim. Not many people speak up for them. They need a voice. They need someone to stand in the gap for them and someone to care for them. No one around them thinks they are of worth. We know they are God's daughters and son and worthy of love. These are the kids my husband and I are fighting for. It just breaks my heart. You're right. God is a big, big God and He can and will rescue them. He calls us to take care of them and minister to them and we need to answer the call. I'm so glad you are rescuing Yana. No telling what doors God will be opening up to you with this trip. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful girls! We were ready to begin the process to adopt an older girl our Katie had met while she was on a mission trip in Ukraine years ago. She was already "too old". My heart broke. I still think of and pray for her today. Wondering where she is and believing the Lord has His hand on her. Her name is also Alona. Praying now for these two Alonas!!!!

    ReplyDelete